July 5, 2019 | Sean Foo
Caught in a slump doing sales? Whether you are facing challenging clients or encountering a mountain of rejections, you are not alone! It can happen to the best of us.
From setting goals to staying motivated on the long road towards sales success, who better to seek advice from than the experts that have since reached the pinnacle in their respective fields?
Here are 55 quotes from the very best to give you and your team that boost of motivation to tide you over till you too, achieve your sales target!
1. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
2. “Create a vision and never let the environment, other people’s beliefs, or the limits of what has been done in the past shape your decisions.”- Tony Robbins
3. “Do not wait: the time will never be ‘just right’. Start where you stand and work whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along.”- Napoleon Hill
4. “I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.”- Eleanor Roosevelt
5. “If you lack the courage to start, you have already finished.” – Joe Girad
6. “Never lower your target; increase your actions.” – Grant Cardone
7. “Remember There’s No Such Thing As An Unrealistic Goal – Just Unrealistic Time Frames” – Donald Trump
8. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
9. “The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.” – Napoleon Hill
10. “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
1. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ”Make me feel important.” Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash
2. “Salespeople don’t want to be sold to the way they’re selling, and they should admit that.” -Seth Godin
3. “Forget about your competitors, just focus on your customers.” – Jack Ma
4. “If I don’t buy it, I can’t sell it.” – Ben Feldman
5. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.”- Bob Hooey
6. “Most people buy not because they believe, but because the salesperson believes.” – Ben Feldman
7. “Sometimes it’s a little bit like being a politician. We have work to do in understanding our users’ sentiments.” – Meg Whitman
8. “Stop selling. Start helping.” – Zig Ziglar
9. “The consumer isn’t a moron. She is your wife. You insult her intelligence if you assume that a mere slogan and a few vapid adjectives will persuade her to buy anything. She wants all the information you can give her.” – David Ogilvy
10. “You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
1. “Differentiate yourself! Why are you different? What’s important about you? Why does the customer need you?” – Sara Blakely
2. “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them yourself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “What a great salesperson does is bring emotion to the table.” – Seth Godin
4. “A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.” – George S. Patton
5. “If you harness the power of innovation, you’ll convert sales complexity into a brutal competitive advantage.” – Tim Sanders
6. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
7. “Selling yourself does not mean boasting about your accomplishments but rather demonstrating security in your goals and your lifestyle so your “customers” feel success and want to emulate it” -Joe Girad
8. “Sell the interview before you attempt to sell the product.” – Frank Bettger
9. “You should learn from your competitor but never copy. Copy and you die.” – Jack Ma
10. “Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.” – Steve Jobs
1. “For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.” – Mary Kay Ash
2. “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
3. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
4. “I’m just always looking forward. I spend very little time, looking backward.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
5. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
6. “When 10 doors are slammed in your face, go to door number 11 enthusiastically, with a smile on your face. “ – John Paul De Joria
7. “The price of inaction is far greater than the cost of a mistake” – Meg Whitman
8. “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.” – Napoleon Hill
9. “You can look at the situation and feel victimized. Or you can look at it and be excited about conquering the challenges and opportunities it presents.” – Jack Welch
10. “You can spend your time on stage pleasing the heckler in the back, or you can devote it to the audience that came to hear you perform.”- Seth Godin
11. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”- Bill Gates
1. “Ninety percent of selling is conviction and 10 percent is persuasion.” – Shiv Khera
2. “Before you try to convince anyone else, be sure you are convinced, and if you cannot convince yourself, drop the subject.” – John Henry Patterson
3. “Perhaps the most important thing of all is the avoid standardization in your sales talk. If you find yourself one fine day saying the same thing to a bishop and a trapezist, you are done for.” -David Ogilvy
4. “Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman – not the attitude of the prospect.” -Clement Stone
1. “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.” – Elon Musk
2. “Hard work never killed a man. Men die of boredom, psychological conflict, and disease. They do not die of hard work.” – David Ogilvy
3. “It’s not about money or connections. It’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone. And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time.” – Mark Cuban
4. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
5. “Repetition is the mother of learning, the father of action, which makes it the architect of accomplishment.” – Zig Ziglar
6. “Selling is the easiest job in the world if you work it hard—but the hardest job in the world if you try to work it easy.” – Frank Bettger
7. “Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day.” – Rory Vaden
8. “The men who have succeeded are men who have chosen one line and stuck to it.” – Andrew Carnegie
9. “Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it all away from you.” – Mark Cuban
10. “You don’t get burnout — you lose purpose! You lose your meaning. When I’m tired, I look at my purpose.” – Grant Cardone
We hope our selection of sales quotes have empowered you to embark on your sales journey and to inspire others along the way.
Remember, as aptly stated by Zig Ziglar, you don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great!
Interested in learning more from sales greats but don’t have much time?
Check out this resource on 25 sales experts you should be following on Twitter for more daily, bite-sized doses of inspiration.
Want even more inspirational quotes from your favorite advertising legends? We have a list of 51 curated quotes just for you!
Receive actionable sales advice straight to your inbox weekly.