June 6, 2020 | Sean Foo
We have all heard of SEO and are probably in the journey of getting our websites to rank higher – but the going sure can get tough!
From writing dozens of articles, optimizing title tags to endless link building and sending outreach emails, it’s easy to lose sight of the big picture.
Thankfully, we have compiled a whole list of awesomely motivating (plus actionable) SEO quotes from SEO trailblazers and experts to inspire you to get back on the horse!
1. “Content is the reason search began in the first place.” — Lee Odden, CEO of TopRank Marketing
2. “If you’re not the most genuinely helpful & useful website in your vertical, then from an SEO perspective, you’re starting at a disadvantage.” – Jon Cooper, Founder of PointBlankSEO
3.“Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.” –Wendy Piersall, Founder of Sparkplugging
4. “As an expert, the goal is to provide the best information for Google to identify that you have the best information and show it to users.” – Tim Soulo, CMO of Ahrefs
5. “If you’re going to do some SEO copywriting, make sure you put lots of effort into making your articles THE BEST on the internet.” – Neville Medhora, Founder of Kopywriting Kourse
6. “The only way to differentiate is to put out even higher quality content than the rest.” – Noah Kagan, CEO of Okdork
7. “The worst thing you could ever do is to abandon your blog.” – Larry Kim, Founder of WordStream
8. “For people to discover your website, you need to build pathways and big, flashing signs that lead them there. In digital marketing terms, this means you need links, links and more links.”- Luisito Batongbakal, Founder of Filipiknow
9. “Links are really important for us to find content initially. So it’s like if nobody links to your website ever then we’re going to have a hard time recognizing that it even exists.” – John Mueller, Senior Webmaster Trends Analyst of Google
10. “Focusing on quality [backlinks] over quantity is what can help to protect your site as Google updates.” — Adam Riemer, Founder of Adam Riemer Marketing
11. “Content curation is one of my all-time favorite link building strategies. That’s because, unlike a traditional blog post, you have dozens of sites that you can reach out to on day 1.” – Brian Dean, Founder of Backlinko
12. “Internal links are HUGE for link building because you can control everything about them, from the location on the page to the anchor text.” – Jon Cooper, Founder of PointBlankSEO
13. “Think why you are linking to specific things, and then think back to why someone would link to what you’re doing.” – Tim Soulo, CMO of Ahrefs
14. “[People] are typing in keyword phrases. This is the exact reason as to why keywords are still relevant in regards to SEO.” – Garenne Bigby, CEO of DYNO Mapper
15. “Think about what a user is going to type.” – Matt Cutts, former Head of Webspam Team of Google
16. “Focus on searcher intent. This should underpin all of your activities – research, creation and distribution.” – Simon Ensor, Managing Director of Yellowball
17. “On-page SEO is no longer satisfied by raw keyword use. Matching keywords to searcher INTENT is critical.” – Rand Fishkin, Founder of Moz & SparkToro
18. “SEO isn’t about ‘how do I get keywords into Google,’ it’s about understanding how many people search for information and finding a way to get in front of them.” – Danny Sullivan, Co-Founder of Search Engine Land
19. “Knowing how to distinguish between an ideal keyword and the reality of queries will help you to refine your strategy and success as an online marketer.” – Neil Patel, Co-Founder of Crazy Egg
20. “In general, the best way to compete for a keyword is to check the content type of the top ranking pages and follow suit.” – Loren Baker, Co-Founder of Search Engine Journal
21. “If you’re going to build a website, make sure to have a website that Google would be embarrassed not to rank for its main keywords.” – Barry Schwartz, Founder of Search Engine Roundtable
22. “No website can stand without a strong backbone. And that backbone is technical SEO.” — Neil Patel, Co-Founder of Crazy Egg
23. “SEO is like a resume, you polish it so you have your best foot forward.” – Matt Cutts, former Head of Webspam Team of Google
24. “SEO audits are one of the most important things you can do as you strive to increase traffic to your website.” – Chase Reiner, SEO Consultant & YouTuber
25. “Speed is definitely a ranking factor? Yes.” – John Mueller, Senior Webmaster Trends Analyst at Google
26. “The slower your sites load, the more visitors and revenue you’ll lose out on.”- Anna Crowe, Assistant Editor at Leadfeeder
27. “If you contact [your hosting company] and ask how your site can be sped up, they will help you because the faster your site is, the less the load is on their servers.” – Loren Baker, Co-Founder of Search Engine Journal
The Power & Effectiveness of SEO Today
28. “Social may be sexy, but search still pays the bills.” — Tom Pick, Founder of Webbiquity
29. “72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within 5 miles” – Amy Bishop, Clix Marketing
30. “Over 80 percent of the traffic that results in a sale of some sort comes from organic traffic.” – Chase Reiner, SEO Consultant & YouTuber
31. “Good SEO work only gets better over time. It’s only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithms change.” – Jill Whalen, former CEO of High Rankings
32. “The days of relying on your mother are over. It is now Google.” – Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia
33. “Just like biology and physics several hundred years ago, the biggest advances are yet to come. That’s what makes the field of Internet search so exciting.” – Eric Schmidt, former CEO of Google
Supercharge Your SEO Game Today!
Remember, a great SEO strategy always comes by placing your customer and readers first by producing and distributing content that they really want.
Cheers to higher rankings (and sales)!
Want more inspirational digital marketing quotes to motivate you even more?
Receive actionable sales advice straight to your inbox weekly.