May 14, 2020 | Sean Foo
Whether you are a content marketing veteran slaying it online or a newbie in the trenches churning out articles, it’s time to get inspired!
Content marketing is a powerful tool and strategy to grow your business but mastering it can be challenging and sometimes we might even lose motivation on our journey.
That’s why it’s good to draw inspiration and energy from top digital influencers to power up your learning process!
From Gary Vaynerchuk and Seth Godin to Ann Handley, we’ve handpicked 39 content marketing quotes to inspire you with their nuggets of wisdom.
Let’s get cracking!
1. “Content marketing is all the Marketing that’s left.” – Seth Godin
2. “People don’t like being sold products, but we all like being told stories.” – Tim Ferriss
3. “These days, people want to learn before they buy, be educated instead of pitched.” – Brian Clark
4. “Provide good content and you’ll earn the right to promote your product.” – Guy Kawasaki
5. “Content is king.” – Bill Gates
6. “Content marketing is the atomic particle of all the rest of a brand’s marketing campaigns.” – Rebecca Lieb
7. “Content is the fuel for your lead generation efforts.” – Dayna Rothman
8. “Traditional marketing talks at people. Content marketing talks with them.” – Doug Kessler
9. “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.” – Andrew Davis
10. “Selling to people who actually want to hear from you is more effective than interrupting strangers who don’t.” – Seth Godin
11. “Your great content creates an audience disproportionate to the others in marketing.” – Jay Baer
12. “Content marketing is a financial asset with real value that grows over time.” – Michael Brenner
13. “Content is anything that adds value to the reader’s life.” – Avinash Kaushik
14. “What helps people, helps business.” – Leo Burnett
15. “Best way to sell something: don’t sell anything. Earn the awareness, respect, & trust of those who might buy.” – Rand Fishkin
16. “Give value. Give value, Give value. And then ask for business.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
17. “Make your marketing so useful people would pay for it.” – Jay Baer
18. “Exceeding expectations creates the biggest impact.” – Jay Baer
19. “The paradox is the more info you give away, the more people will buy what you have to give.” – Brian Clark
20. “No matter what you do, your job is to tell your story.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
21. “Marketing is really just about sharing your passion.” – Michael Hyatt
22. “You stand out more by being weird than fitting in.” – Emma Tupa
23. “Don’t be a salad, be the best damn broccoli you could ever be.” – PewDiePie
24. “A penguin cannot become a giraffe, so just be the best penguin you can be.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
25. “To stand out from the swell, we must quietly say only what is important. Briefly and with care.” – Brian Solis
26. “Build something 100 people love, not something 1 million people kind of like.” – Brian Chesky
27. “If you share great content and drive people back to your website, you’ll quickly build a strong reputation within your space.” – Ryan Robinson
28. “Story is king. Everything else is slave to story.” – Casey Neistat
29. “People do not buy goods and services. They buy relations, stories, and magic.” – Seth Godin
30. “When people put their kids to sleep, nobody tells bedtime facts.” – Jonah Berger
31. “Useful & Enjoyable & Inspired = Innovative Content.” – Ann Handley
32. “You have to ask yourself, whenever you are producing any type of content, who will amplify this and why?” – Rand Fishkin
33. “When creating content, be the best answer on the internet.” – Andy Crestodina
34. “Less is more. Keeping it simple takes time and effort.” – Jeff Bullas
35. “Even when you are marketing to your entire audience or customer base, you are still simply speaking to a single human at any given time.” – Ann Handley
36. “A click-worthy title is actually worth a lot more than just a perfectly keyword-targeted title.” – Rand Fishkin
37. “Be okay with changing course & diving deeper.” – Julia McCoy
38. “Thinking that every idea and piece of content you create must be the first of its kind is a trap.” – Sujan Patel
39. “Market like the year you are in!” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Now you’ve had your dose of inspiration, it’s time to continue rocking on with your content marketing plans.
Hold up! You haven’t started yet?
Learn why content marketing is the future of marketing and why you need to start now!
Loved our content marketing quotes and want to be inspired even further?
Check out our curated list of copywriting quotes to learn more.
You can also find more motivational quotes from advertising legends here.
Receive actionable sales advice straight to your inbox weekly.